expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: If I Die (Soul Screamers #5) by Rachel Vincent

Before we get to this week's teasers, here are the answers to yesterday's historical quiz:


A. Albert Einstein   B. Martin Luther King, Jr.   C. Amelia Earhart   D. Napoleon Bonaparte   E. Mother Theresa   F. J.R.R. Tolkien

A few guessed Napoleon--guess the outfit gave it away, huh?--and someone got Martin Luther King as well. (Great job to everyone who hazarded guesses, by the way!) The one that really floors me is Mother Teresa. She must be seven years old there. Crazy!

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teasers come from If I Die, book 5 of Soul Screamers, by Rachel Vincent


Source
"Promise me, Dad. Promise you'll leave this alone."  
"You know I can't--" 
"Promise," I insisted, and his stoic expression crumpled beneath a burden of pain and responsibility I couldn't imagine. 
"Fine, I promise," he said at last, and I let him fold me into a hug.  
As he squeezed me, his heart beating against my ear, I knew only two things for sure: I was going to die, and my father was lying.

What are you reading this week? We're you able to guess any of the historical pictures from yesterday?

6 comments:

  1. "My father was lying." nice. Hey I got one right! Man Einstein looked like a dork, but that was the style at the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah, plus he was like three in that picture. Blame his parents. :D

      Delete
  2. Well, it's good I didn't guess further. I was WAY off. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah, it's one of those things that's hard to figure out, but once you know who they are, you can kind of see it in their faces. Thanks for guessing, Julie! :D

      Delete
  3. OOoh nice tease! I soooo loved this series! Hope you're loving it too!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete