expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thoughts for Thursday--Hard Work

Thoughts for Thursday is a new feature hosted by Musings on Fantasia and LKHill.  In this meme, we share thoughts or quotes that we know or have recently come across. Each week there is a specific subject or theme. These can be quotes from books, quotes by famous people, (quotes by YOU, perhaps ;D). Anything from anywhere is game, though we do ask that you keep your quote to a few sentences at most. Don't quote, for example, entire passages of a book or essay. These can be funny quips, cool sayings, hair-raising antidotes, movie lines, any kind of quote you can think of!

Just have fun, collect awesome sayings by awesome people, and try to be inspired!

In honor of all the back-to-schooling going around, this week's theme is Hard Work 


"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."--Colin Powell

"What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose."--Margaret Thatcher

"The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: hard workm stick-to-itiveness, and common sense."--Thomas A. Edison

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."--Thomas Jefferson

"It's hard to beat a person who never gives up."--Babe Ruth



"This photo was taken of a mine horse in the early 1900's. The horse was literally blind from years of working in complete darkness. "Often, when I have been discouraged and despondent beyond words. I have looked at this picture and said to myself. "I will pull it one more mile." With that attitude in mind and with an average amount of intelligence, any person can certainly make a success of their life in this land of free enterprise." -Ross Taylor

Which quote (or story, in this case) did you like best? Do you have one to add?

4 comments:

  1. “I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.” John Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to love Margaret Thatcher-- part inspiration, part perspiration. That picture of the horse is kinda sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Thomas Jefferson quote! Thanks for this--exactly what I needed today. :)

    ReplyDelete