expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Teaser Tuesday--Fins are Forever


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Source
This weeks teasers come from my mermaid read: Fins are Forever by Tera Lynn Childs.
"All of a sudden, life drops into slow motion. I see Brody's attention slowly shift around me to Dosinia's--fashionably--slouching form. Doe bats her heavily mascaraed eyes at him, each bat taking three full seconds, I swear. Her glossy pink lips purse out into an extra pout. 
On my other side, an even more charming smile spreads across Brody's lips. 
Warning, Lily Sanderson. Danger approaching.Brody steps around my knees to stand in front of Doe, on the pretext of making a polite introduction. I feel like I'm watching a school of tuna swim into a gang of great whites, but I can't look away from the inevitable feeding frenzy."
What are you reading this week? 

2 comments:

  1. For some reason that small snippet is enthralling. I can imagine the rest of the book is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tease! Sounds like an entertaining read!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete