expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>
Knowledge of our past is our inheritance. What we do with that knowledge will shape our destinies...

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday--Bookish People!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet (Authors, Bloggers, etc.)

Sorry to all my wonderful blogger friends. I <3 all your blogs, but because you are alive and blogging, I hold out a very realistic hope of meeting you someday. Therefore, you didn't make the list! :( sorry. I went with all those I want to meet but never will (at least not while living!) :D

P.S. Answers are the same on both my blogs today. Just FYI to those who follow both! I DID do different pictures, though. You know, just in case you're curious! :D

1. Robert Jordan. Alas, my top pick (also probably my favorite author) passed away from a rare form of cancer in 2007. :( So wish I could pick his brain, though.

Author George R.R. Martin
Photo Credit: Goodreads.com
2. George R.R. Martin. Currently totally obsessed with his Song of Fire and Ice series. As an author, I can sometimes predict where an author might be taking a story line better than lay readers. Even though it would mean spoilers, I wish I could sit down and ask him some specific questions, just to see if I'm right. (I'd totally still buy the books, though! :D )

3. J.K.Rowling. Just because. Kind of obvious, right?

4. Stephanie Meyers. I'm not the biggest Twilight  fan, but Stephanie Meyer is an LDS author who has made it big, so I'd love to pick her brain about our mutual beliefs, how they figured in her story, and what motivated the choices she made both in her writing and in her career overall.

5. Terry Goodkind. Another favorite author of high fantasy. His Sword of Truth series is amazing!

6. Harper Lee, author of To Kill a Mockingbird. Just cuz.

William Shakespeare
Photo Credit: biography.com
7. William Shakespeare. Yup! The big guy. There's so much speculation as to who he really was. Totally want to write his "true" story. :D 

8. J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. I put these two as one because they were in the same writer's group. (Totally making up my own rules here, but whatever). Two of the most innovative fantasy minds of their time.

9. Joseph Conrad. Heart of Darkness is one of my favorite books of all time! I'd love to pick his brain about it! :D

10. Charles Dickens. Totally want to know exactly how he came up with the story line for A Tale of Two Cities. I know it's set against the French Revolution, but still! Details please!


How about you? What Bookish people would you like to meet?

3 comments:

  1. I would so totally grill George R.R. Martin on my theories! Though, I've noticed that when you think he's going left.. he does a double back flip to the right. So I assume my theories are wrong lol.
    Here's my Top Ten.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think George RR Martin's theory is KILL THEM ALL! ;P
    It's sad that you need to be dead to meet so many on your list...hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to meet numbers 6, 7 and 8! Especially Shakespeare, I've loved the plays of his that I've read, and I'd love to see where his inspiration really came from!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete